This & That

Tuesday, 19 April 2011

A Cup of [Hot Chocolate]

I've taken the card sketch from A La Card Monkey [Challenge 52] -and remembered this photo of a hot chocolate I took when in Galway on honeymoon :)
I tried to keep to the sketch, but the two tags ended up having to be turned around-as you would have to turn your head to work out what the pictures were of!
I've never really done such a random page of colours and bits 'n' pieces before, but I kinda like it-just raiding my scap stash.
I've cut into the page in places and made the leaves overlap the photos slightly. I made the flags with some green/white twine and patterned masking tape (which seems to be all the rage at the mo) from Cath Kidston.
I'm afraid the photo is a bit overexposed (with this lovely weather we have been having for a change, i took my page outside for its photo), the colours are a bit richer in real life...

3 comments:

  1. you layout turned out great. Love the way you altered the sketch to a scrapbook page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that you used the sketch for a scrapbook page too! It looks great. And I love hot chocolate! lol Thanks for joining our A La Card Monkey Challenge!

    Hugs,

    Terry
    http://goinovertheedge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy Yum is right, what a great photo. I love how you took the card sketch and made a Scrapbook page with it. Thank you so much for doing the challenge with us at A La Card Monkey!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete