This & That

Sunday, 22 April 2012

Pink Ladies "Cathedral Window" swap

Last week I went along to the Pink Ladies SU demo's event in Bicester. I made 20 swaps, but only have this piccy to show as an example of the technique I used. The ones I swapped were made using domestic goddess dsp and/or paisly petals dsp paper and also 4 silver mini brads for the centre of each set of 4 petal shapes.

-->
Pink Ladies April 2012 Bicester Training swap recipe
·      Aprox 6”x6” dsp paper
·      1-3/4” circle punch (punch out 9 circles)
·      1-1/2” square punch (punch one out from some card as a guide to fold round)
·      4 x small silver brads
·      tombo glue
·      white cardstock



I got the idea from doing a bit of Cathedral window quilting inspired by a friend who recommended  this lady's UTube video-which I watched and followed.
It took me ages, and in reality its v.small but I do love the outcome and effect.
I wondered if it could be done with papers-and eventually stumbled on the above technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment