This & That

Sunday, 3 July 2011

A punchy peacock!

Ta dah! I have been working on this little number since Christmas-after getting my 2 step bird punch. I thought there must be a way of making a peacock, so I got experimenting. I did use the 2 step bird punch- the branch i used for the outline of the feathers, then 2 birds together for the body. Here's how it looked before I stuck it all together:

I thought I'd enter this one into PPA's 100th birthday blog post "What's your technique?" (it's punching btw!)
I added a bit of texture to the body with more little punched hearts which I dipped in light green ink for a little definition.
For the headpiece I ended up using wire and beads (I had originally tried the leaves from the branch punch, but they just weren't working)

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. OMGosh, you are so creative! This is breathtaking! A lot of punching and gluing definitely paid off ... I LOVE this! Thanks for joining in the fun at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen anything like this before!!! So intricate and beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! This is just fabulous! So unique and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! this is sooooo good! you are so clever, how did you come up with this?!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete